cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync not showing all folders

Selective Sync not showing all folders

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Unsure why, but a folder I generated online and then sent some files to, won't appear on any of the computers selective sync window. Using Mac latest version, 3.8.3. I can't untick that folder. I've tried renaming it, etc but it doesn't help.

57 Replies 57

Brad A.9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have this problem too. Still no fix other than waiting?

sj m.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I ended up changing the location of my dropbox folder, which was on a non-C drive, and it started working again. 

cmshinkle
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a similar issue... I have several folders (including files) that are syncing correctly.  But, I don't want to sync these folders to my MacBook Pro for space reasons.  However, the folders are not showing up in the Selective Sync settings so I can't uncheck them...  

Suggestions?

Thanks,

--Chris

martinlofqvist
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Just for the head count: I'm having the exact same problem here. 

BOTH on my personal and on my (kinda new) Business accounts.

Someone from Dropbox really need to comment on this and show that they are taking this serious – not just "have you tried rebooting?"

fcastagnotto
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi guys!

I have the same problem on my PCs (I use Dropbox on various type of PCs, mainly on Linux).
Based on a previous message, I waited for a couple of minutes (or maybe 5) in front of the window "Selective Sync" and then all the folders have appered!!!

It shoud be just a long time for loading all the folder tree from the Dropbox account. If there is any developer from Dropbox here, I suggest a simple loading bar in that view to be sure that all the folders are loaded, before thinking about a issue.

martinlofqvist
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yes, a simple loading bar would be a great start...

I recently got this answer via e-mail from the support:
"We are working to make this process more seamless for our users. I do not beleive the characters will cause this however. The issue is associated with the number of folders and the files and the type of folder structure you have online. If there are very deep folder paths, with many levels of folders, this can cause the pane to load slower"

peterc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So this appears to be because the folder list displays and then continues to load more folders but has very little feedback. I thought this was a problem and then i noticed in tiny font on the top of the window it said "Loading more folders..." I waited 10m and eventually my folders showed up.

Shortbull
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here for over a year now. Everytime I use these settings, it needs to reload the entire folderstructure for about 30 minutes. Please fix this.

rodpaul
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Same problem. The folder I need to sync is several levels down as required by the app I am using. How can I navigate to the desired fiolder?

DCarlisle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I changed the Proxies setting to NO PROXY, and the folder list instantly populated.

Need more support?