cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync not showing all folders

Selective Sync not showing all folders

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Unsure why, but a folder I generated online and then sent some files to, won't appear on any of the computers selective sync window. Using Mac latest version, 3.8.3. I can't untick that folder. I've tried renaming it, etc but it doesn't help.

57 Replies 57

rodpaul
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, this didn't help. Still can't see "Users" or get to subfolders.

JasonWTW
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having the same problem,

my selective sync started not showing all folders recently
tried to restart Dropbox, didn't help
tried to unlink Dropbox, and link again, didn't helo
tried to uninstalled Dropbox and install again
fine, now it's downloading ALL my files on Dropbox to my local drive....

it seems this problem has been a while,

Is there any dropbox engineer trying to fix it?

odessavid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We had same problem. Here is solution

1. Log in to www.Dropbox.com using your web browser.
2. Click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Settings".
4. From the "Profile" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.

5. Then, use the following link to install the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application:

https://www.dropbox.com/download

JasonWTW
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yup, this worked!

I reported this issue to Dropbox support, and they taught me exactly what you said.

Thanks!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey odessavid

Thank you for the heads-up on that, much appreciated. 

Usually, upgrading to the latest stable version or downgrading to the stable version if you are on a testing beta build will resolve any Selective Sync issues you may have experienced. 

If you need to ask more about it, please let me kow in your reply!

Kind Regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

dtfamily
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@odessavid wrote:

We had same problem. Here is solution

1. Log in to www.Dropbox.com using your web browser.
2. Click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Settings".
4. From the "Profile" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.

5. Then, use the following link to install the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application:

https://www.dropbox.com/download

Hi, I'm having the same problem not syncing a folder.  I checked the settings, and I am not a beta tester.  Not sure where to go from here...  please help!!!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Not syncing a folder is a very different issue to it not appearing in the Selective Sync drop down dtfamily. Could you explain whats happening?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dtfamily
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sorry, sure.  I have a folder labeled "_Programs" in my C: drive on my computer.  It does not show up at all under the folders to sync under "Selective Sync" in Dropbox.  Does this help?  Thx!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Can you please start a new thread so as not to confuse things on here 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dtfamily
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sure- just getting used to this thread.  Would I need to start it over, or is there an option to change this to a new thread.  Sorry for the dumb question- thanks!

Need more support?