cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared team folder not displaying on desktop

Shared team folder not displaying on desktop

Ian Dow
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello. I have tried all the suggested solutions via the help centre. When admin sent the link it came as an invite to edit > go to folder, I clicked the link which takes me to dropbox via my browser, but there is no add to dropbox option that I recall from other shared folders. I have full access online via my browser, but cant for the life of me find a way to get it into my desktop dropbox folder. Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If they sent you a link its a read only folder so its designed to be viewable via the website only. The person who sent you the link needs to send you a shared folder rather than a link 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If they sent you a link its a read only folder so its designed to be viewable via the website only. The person who sent you the link needs to send you a shared folder rather than a link 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ian Dow
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

Admin have tried to resend the link. This is what I get in my inbox (with personal details edited). Still cant get it on my desktop! I can see and access the restricted parent folders on my desktop, but the folder containing the one I need is empty

Hi Ian,

s invited you to edit the folder "ACT" on Dropbox.

s said:
"Ok this is not a read only link it is a "can edit" share. Nor were the others but trying again!"

This folder can be found in ACT › ACT Core › ACT Central Finance.

Go to folder 

Enjoy!
The Dropbox team

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Ian Dow
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Problem solved. Probably the non read only link catching up, Thanks for your help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ian Dow New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?