cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync doesn't work for Logic Pro files

Smart Sync doesn't work for Logic Pro files

JWMJWM
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm experiencing an issue with smart sync.

It works perfectly for all my files, exept for Logic Pro X Files. 

When I right-click and choose 'online only' it syncs, sets the icon to the grey online-only-icon, but within 5 seconds or so, the green 'local-icon' appears again and it's not synced anymore.

I tried to find which application is causing this, but I can't find it.

Do you have experience with this issue?

Thanks!

Jaap

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.1 and Dropbox 40.4.46

25 Replies 25

zmdelariva
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hey JWMJWM,

thanks so much for letting us know!

It's working here as well!

GuoYunshen72
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing.

Ben_B
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Disagree.

Recently moved my Logic files from the local music folder into a Dropbox folder.

When double clicking a Logic cloud file, it opens the project without downloading all the assets, and appears empty.

I've tried trouble shooting, including exploring the package, and manually syncing subfolders.

This helped a little, but when the project opened, I had a warning that the assets were not compatible, and only 8-bit! (Which I knew was not true when it was created!).

In short, Dropbox is not playing nice with Package file formats like Logic. Microsoft Teams has the same problem, and was the only reason I hadn't moved across from Dropbox! I always zip GarageBand/Logic files before uploading to Teams...

I expected better from dropbox....

oliespink
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I moved over to Backblaze for all my remote backups and just use Dropbox for live work projects. Backblaze is brilliant btw

GuoYunshen72
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It works flawlessly here, but I don't use package, only project folders. For my workflow package are really inconvenient...

Ben_B
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same problem with Mindnode files - these are also package file format, and not all subfolders within the package are downloading, even if requested.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ben_B Explorer | Level 4
    GuoYunshen72 Explorer | Level 4
    oliespink Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?