cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Issue - Windows 10 - Sync Stuck

Sync Issue - Windows 10 - Sync Stuck

RobbiJ
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using desktop app version 148.4.4519 and for a few days now new folders and additions made using the PC aren't syncing properly with dropbox. I've tried all the suggestions I can find except re-installing the app. After changing the smart sync options inside the app, it updates quickly but then becomes stuck on one or more files. 

I'm also seeing that new folders, or updated folders (on desktop), have no icon next to them, and also fail to upload often. 

Please help! 

11 Replies 11

Kurtthekraut
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Hanna,

I had a disc crash and had to replace the entire system, now running on Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2. I got a very similar problem , running Dropbox Version 153.4.3932. My plan is Dropbox Plus with 600 GB used out of 2 TB, now wanting to download some 240 GB back onto my laptop. First I wanted to smartsynch only and with time download, what I need. But the system only downloadd one folder online only. Then I changed to downoad permanently and I got one more folder permanently on my laptop. No more. I let the PC run over nicht, but not one file more was downloaded. Then I checked the Community and came across your reply post. You wrote: 1) Make sure the Dropbox desktop application is running; 2) Click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray by the clock and then click on your initials or profile picture in the Notifications panel; 3) Select 'Preferences'.

I did and clicked on fix Hardlinks. Then I re-started Dropbox and it still says 25.634 file are synchronised, but no time. Under synch errors I get "Private" - no errors. Can you hel, please?  Thanks 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Kurtthekraut. thanks for the nudge here and sorry to see you're having a syncing issue.

So, if I understand correctly, your Dropbox application is stuck on syncing 25.634 files, but doesn't show a time frame, right?

After you tried fixing the hardlinks, did you also try fixing the permissions from the button next to it?

If not, try that and let me know if it helped. You can also take a look at this article for more troubleshooting steps.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Kurtthekraut New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    RobbiJ Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?