cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders not syncing to iPad from PC

Folders not syncing to iPad from PC

Joanaa
Explorer | Level 3

Good afternoon, I have a problem with my dropbox, a few days ago everything was still ok, I had some folders on the computer in sync with the drop and I could see these folders on the iPad and another computer and now this sync has disappeared and I can't indicate it in any way dropbox so that it syncs from my PC to the DB...I'm desperate as I need access to these folders outside the house and I can't resolve it...I haven't modified anything in my DB App for this to happen and it's affecting the my work...does anyone have my problem and any solution? when i click the files the option to sync to DB no longer appears, the app is updated...thanks

9 Replies 9

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Joanaa, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do the files appear on the Dropbox site? 

Are the files in your normal Dropbox folder, or are they part of the Dropbox Backup feature?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Joanaa
Explorer | Level 3
Tk you,
This files don t show up on my Dropbox site, this afternoon i made a backup of some of the files on mu computer to try and have Access but this doesn t work for what i need…

I used to be able to choose some of my PC folders to sync to DB and now the app only Let’s me choose folders from DB to show on my PC…

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Joanaa, can you clarify if you're referring to backup files?

Do you see the files in question, if you go to your backups page here?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Joanaa
Explorer | Level 3
Yes I Can see it. But They are only there since this afternoon, when i decided to make a Backup to try to solve my problem.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, I'm still not entirely clear on the original issue, though, @Joanaa.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of where you could previously see the files, but now you can't, to help us get a visual of the issue?

You should be able to see a camera icon above the reply box here on the Community, to attach your screenshot to your reply.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Joanaa
Explorer | Level 3

I don't think I can understand my problem.

- these files are folders in my documents folder in windows.
- are not and never have been backup files
- i used to use them remotely all the time on other devices because they where in sync with dropbox.

- now they don't appear in dropbox

-i need my computer files to be in real time use in every device I own, like it was a few days ago, like always.

- is this a feature that is not available anymore?

- i cannot choose files on my computer to sync to dropbox, i only can choose files that are only on dropbox to sync to my PC

thank you ðŸ™‚

i can t choose any of this files to sync wint dropbox like i used toi can t choose any of this files to sync wint dropbox like i used tohere are only files i have on dropboxhere are only files i have on dropbox

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info. Only files that are currently in the Dropbox folder will sync to other devices, which is why you're not seeing the options for those files outside the Dropbox folder.

There is the Dropbox Backup feature, which does allow for certain folders, like Documents, Downloads and Desktop, to sync to your account. Is it possible that you've disabled it for your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Joanaa
Explorer | Level 3

this is a feature that is changed... it was not a backup and the files where synced from the PC to dropbox, they were not on dropbox...  nobody seems to understand what i am saying... before there was a feature in the app where i chose the files in the computer to sync with dropbox and that is not available anymore. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Joanaa, what you're describing is the Dropbox Backup feature; you can see more about the feature here.

The feature did get an update and from now on you won't see the Desktop, Downloads, Documents folders inside the Dropbox folder.

As long as backup is still enabled, they will appear in your backups page online, which is where you can access them from on other devices.

On the computer in question, the files are still there, just not in the Dropbox folder; they're in their original locations.

I hope this clears things up.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Joanaa Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?