cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing many files on my Mac

Syncing many files on my Mac

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Dropbox app since yesterday. 

My computer with Monterey OSX is connected to a big dropbox company site where I've chosen specific folders to have available offline, so I've synced with everything I need.

But then yesterday when I turned the computer on, the dropbox app started to sync 60 thousand files I've never chosen. It says it's syncing more than 1tb of files.  I checked in the sync history and when it shows some of the downloaded files, I find a lot from folders I never selected to be synced. 

I've explored through the finder the drive connected to dropbox, I've been going through lots of folders that had blue mark choosing "only-online", but anyway this keep happening.

Any idea about this? What could have happened?

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tinch77, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are these files syncing as offline files, or online-only files?

Have you recently been added to new team folders or shared folders by the team admin?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Jay, thanks for your reply.

I think many of those files are syncing as offline files because the space in my own drive is reducing as this is happening.

I don't think anything has changed regarding that team folder/team admin thing.

best!

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

One more thing : I've been told about this warning, I don't know if it relates in any way with this issue:
"Se programó la subida de categoría de tu equipo al Dropbox rediseñado para equipos el diciembre 15 de 7:00 a 10:00 GMT."

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It's possible that your team is currently upgrading to the new system, and the files are syncing as part of the change.

I'd recommend giving time for the change to complete, and you can also mark files as online-only to free up space on your machine.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

I understand, but couldn't dropbox remember which files I wanted available offline and download only those? This is really a big annoyance. There are lots of folder and subfolders and now my local drive is almost full.

Thanks for your time, anyway.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tinch77 Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?