cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dropbox Badge icon has been stuck in the center of my screen.

The Dropbox Badge icon has been stuck in the center of my screen.

Bea6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox icon (blue circle white center) has suddenly appeared in the center of my screen. It doesn't interfere with anything else I'm doing, but I cannot remove it. The dropbox icon on my desktop is working fine. How do I remove it???

11 Replies 11

goskeet
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Coincidental with this issue, I have had issues opening microsoft office files from my local machine.  Occasionally there is an error that pops mentioning an issue with a dropbox add in.  I went and found some dropbox integrated applications in the dropbox settings, and disabled all the microsoft office elements.  I then rebooted, and my screen was free of the icon for a while, then it came on again for a minute, then it went away again.  I will let you know if the problem persists.  It had been there for about a week.

BTW - the icon is fixed over whatever is on screen - a browser window, an app window, a file explorer window, or even just over the desktop - so I doubt that using an incognito browser window would make any difference.

petorosu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey, I have the same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

petorosu New member | Level 2
    goskeet Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Bea6 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?