cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to subscribe to ics file via Google Calendar

Unable to subscribe to ics file via Google Calendar

m-a-f
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,
I'm creating a auto-generated ics calendar file which I want to store in DropBox to allow other users to subscribe to the file. Ive tried to subscribe to the file in Google Calendar using the Drop Box sharelink, but the calendar events do not appear in the Calendar app. I know the ics file is correct, as I have been able to subscribe to it from a different website. But I want to use DropBox for easy of updating the ics file.

Can anybody suggest the correct URL, or format, I should be using to access the ics file from DropBox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@m-a-f wrote:

Ive tried to subscribe to the file in Google Calendar using the Drop Box sharelink, but the calendar events do not appear in the Calendar app.

Change the ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 and try again. If that still doesn't work, keep in mind that Dropbox links redirect which might cause a problem with some services if they're unable to follow the redirect.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@m-a-f wrote:

Ive tried to subscribe to the file in Google Calendar using the Drop Box sharelink, but the calendar events do not appear in the Calendar app.

Change the ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 and try again. If that still doesn't work, keep in mind that Dropbox links redirect which might cause a problem with some services if they're unable to follow the redirect.

m-a-f
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

Using raw=1 instead of dl=0, worked.

Many Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

m-a-f New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?