cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Dropbox link on QR code in photo book

Using Dropbox link on QR code in photo book

balloonmouse
Explorer | Level 4

I am creating a photo book with Bonusprint which offers a feature to insert a QR code linking to a video.  I've added the QR code which links to the video in my Dropbox account but am concerned that this is not secure?   I do not want anyone accessing other files in my account, only the video.  I believe there is a way to add a password to a DropBox link but can't find any simple instructions.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Passwords are something you can only do on paid accounts: https://help.dropbox.com/share/set-link-permissions

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

balloonmouse
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, Mark, that’s useful to know as I don’t have a paid account.

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @balloonmouse , 

This is a late response, but better late than never! I wanted to let you know that our team is building a feature that will let you create a QR code to share files or folders from Dropbox. It will behave in the same way as shared links do. 

We plan to ramp it up to paying customers starting next week. Hopefully this makes your workflow easier as you won't have to navigate to another tool to create QR codes that link back to Dropbox. We'd love your feedback on this feature when you start to use it! 😊

Best,

Amanda

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

amandachin Dropbox Product Manager
    balloonmouse Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?