cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: When will Smart Sync work on linux?

When will Smart Sync work on linux?

edugsdf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to save space on my hard drive. Smart Sync would be the perfect solution, but it still does not work on linux fedora.

When will we have this solution?

180 Replies 180

nick007
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

What's a great alternative with unlimited storage for 600 per year and Mac and Linux support?

anton80
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

oh wow! 5 years and still not implemented

aces24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Seems like this is something the people want, but the audience using Linux just doesn't even bother to comment anymore on SaaS forums because the devs don't listen anyways - and then the devs say "no one wants these Linux features" because no one really comments - because it's so disheartening. So adding my vote, because Linux really ought to be supported properly....

kim b.14
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah, Seems like no-ones listening to us.

fonsek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
hey guys. I started this thread in January 2018 and the dropbox development team hasn't paid any attention until today (64 months later...). I'm sorry to say this, but lose hope. I already abandoned dropbox a long time ago.

Tangvip
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am afraid so.

dropbox used to be one of the biggest unicorn in silicon valley. look at them now they seems to be forgotten. 

oh no, they've forgotten themselves.

barnabyw
New member | Level 2

Adding my vote for this feature, despite it being obvious that dropbox do not care about implementing this feature on linux. It is an essential feature for anyone using dropbox for work purposes with a large amount of files which you don’t always need immediate access to.

mikhal
New member | Level 2

I have been using Dropbox for almost 10 years now I think. I've always used it with Windows though, and the smart sync feature was basically essential for me, I store huge amount of source file for graphical stuff. I had to switch Linux recently and I can't believe a killer feature like this isn't available here. Looking at how this issue remains unsolved from 2018 it's crazy, and I think I'll be moving to some cheaper cloud storage as basically I see no reason to pay more for Dropbox in this case.

GrahamLees
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, bizarre isn't it.

tonyb4
Helpful | Level 6

I dont think this feature will EVER be implemented

I am in the process of switching over to NextCloud and self-hosting 

Much more chance of getting smart-sync integrated as its Open-Source and will save me a ton on monthly hosting fees

Whats the point in paying these types of fees if they cant be bothered to implement requested features after 7 years!

Need more support?