cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I find which files on my PC are currently being uploaded to dropbox?

Why can't I find which files on my PC are currently being uploaded to dropbox?

QuestionBox
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same dropbox account on multiple computers. But given that only one computer is showing "20GB (+2 days)" almost forever, there must be something huge or lots of files from this computer that is being upload-synced currently. But I can't find out which file that is.

I actually always wanted this feature. I want to see the entire list of files on my PC that are currently being uploaded to dropbox. Only after I can do that, I can remove that file or whatever and fix this error that happens so often.

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @QuestionBox, thanks for reaching out to us here at the Dropbox Community.

We appreciate your feedback here; if you click on your Dropbox icon, do you not see any files syncing/waiting to sync in your sync history?

Or if you open your Dropbox folder, do you see any files with the blue circling arrow icon that would indicate which files are syncing?

And how long has the application been at this "Syncing.." state?

Can you hover over your Dropbox icon and let us know the exact sync status and version of the app?

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

QuestionBox
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox icon's "Sync history" or "Activity" part are not showing things that are being uploaded from PC to dropbox. It seems to be showing some of the things that are being downloaded from dropbox to PC.

And "if you open your Dropbox folder, do you see any files with the blue circling arrow icon that would indicate which files are syncing?" does not solve the problem because I have thousands of folders. So I can't look into all those folders to see which file is causing the problem. 

I really need to see a separate list of entire files that are being uploaded from PC to dropbox.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @QuestionBox, I see where you're coming from, and I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

However, at the moment seeing a precise list isn't possible. What I want to do on my end, is make sure that the app is syncing content without any issues, and that it isn't stuck on the 20GB of files. 

Can you send me a screenshot of your syncing status, along with the app's version in order for me to have a visual of this? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    QuestionBox Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?