cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Everyone at [Team Name] group be gone after members over 1000?

Will Everyone at [Team Name] group be gone after members over 1000?

mikechiu
Explorer | Level 4

I've read this post https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/groups#:~:text=Yes%2C%20when%20you%20create%20a,added%20auto.... and noticed that there is a note:

• The “Everyone at [Your Team Name]” group can’t be modified as it is a Dropbox created group.
  • If your team exceeds 1,000 members, this feature won't be available due to the 1,000 member limit on team folders.

I was wondering what will happen to the group `Everyone at [Your Team Name]` once the members over 1000? Will the group be gone ?

If so, is there any event like group deleted we can get from get_events endpoint ?

Furthermore, if there are members joining the Team after the group gone, do those following members be automatically added as part of the members of team folders in users field?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mikechiu, thanks for posting here today! 

Keep in mind that teams over 1,000 members don't have an automatic group of everyone, because adding that group would immediately put the team folder over the 1,000 member limit. 

Therefore, the expected behavior is that when your Team is over 1,000 users you won't see the group of everyone when sharing content. There's no automatic deletion of groups at our end, all tiers of admins on the team are the ones who can create or delete company-managed groups.

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mikechiu, thanks for posting here today! 

Keep in mind that teams over 1,000 members don't have an automatic group of everyone, because adding that group would immediately put the team folder over the 1,000 member limit. 

Therefore, the expected behavior is that when your Team is over 1,000 users you won't see the group of everyone when sharing content. There's no automatic deletion of groups at our end, all tiers of admins on the team are the ones who can create or delete company-managed groups.

I hope this helps!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mikechiu
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Megan , thanks for your reply and I have one more question about this.

Once our team has more than 1000 members, and I make a request of list_file/folder_members for a team folder / file, does the Everyone at [my team] group will be gone off the groups field in response? If so, will all the team members automatically become part of users field in response?

Thanks! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Do you use an API in order to achieve that @mikechiu

If so, then I'd suggest you post your question under our API section right here in order to receive more specific steps on how to accomplish that. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mikechiu
Explorer | Level 4

hi @Megan, thanks for your reply, I have not done this via API since it's hard to achieve adding over 1000 members. 

I will try to compile more information as possible and post on the API section. 

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mikechiu Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?