cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't creat link

can't creat link

kathmiller
Explorer | Level 3

I have a folder in Dropbox and am trying to create a link so I can share it.  It is too big to send by email.  But I can't create a link.  It does not appear as an option, only email and airdrop appear when I click on share.  I have a 2020 MacBook.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

That sounds like Dropbox isnt running - you can check for its icon on the status bar at the top. Simply restart it via Apps folder, or, reinstall from www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

That sounds like Dropbox isnt running - you can check for its icon on the status bar at the top. Simply restart it via Apps folder, or, reinstall from www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kathmiller
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Mark.  I managed to create a link after rebooting the computer, and sent it to a friend who had a lot  of trouble opening it, so have decided to go back and edit the document so I can send it through email as many of my friends and family are not able to figure things out on the computer, much like myself.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Katherine

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kathmiller Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?