cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files missing in synced folders on Linux, but not online or on Windows

files missing in synced folders on Linux, but not online or on Windows

sleepysloth
Explorer | Level 3

I've been using Linux for a few months and the Linux version of Dropbox has been great. Recently, though, I wiped Linux, installed Windows, and then installed Linux again so I can dual-boot. I didn't have this problem on Linux before. All the folders and sub-folders are showing up, and some are synced perfectly, but others will have some files in them and not others. All the folders in question are checked on selective sync and should be syncing. 

Al the files are showing up correctly in Windows. The files are also present on my online Dropbox. Since setting up the dual-boot, I've added files on Windows, and those have all synced properly to the Linux folder. 

All of the missing files I've noticed have been Photoshop files, but there might be other kinds I just haven't noticed yet. Other Photoshop files are there, though! A lot of the new files I added in Windows are Photoshop files, and again, those are all showing up on Linux perfectly. Dropbox on Linux says that everything is synced. 

How can I get all the files to show up on Linux again? 

I don't know if I explained this very clearly, let me know and I can clarify anything that didn't make sense. 

30 Replies 30

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@sleepysloth wrote:

This just didn't produce anything for me. ...

That's a good news generally. 🤷 If there is some result produced, it would be error and the result would direct where particular error comes up. In your case you haven't issues related to OS permission, for example, or similar able to prevent sync. I can't say anything more about your missing entries. Try trace what exactly you are syncing actually and where the discrepancy lies on exactly to fix it by hand. That's it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    sleepysloth Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?