cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

"check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

MarthinGrobler
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to share a file, but when I enter some email addresses I get the following messages ""check your internet connection and try again". Other email addresses works 100%.  Working on a Macbook Pro. 

54 Replies 54

bights
New member | Level 2

same problem. fix it

SteveMcRory
New member | Level 2
Same issue here. When I use the phone up app, I have no problem. It appears to be just on the desktop. Also it seems like I can share with emails in my address book but outside emails I cannot.

Dnktechy1199
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone,

At first I would like to apologize if this question is asked before. I searched few pages but couldn't find an answer.

I got the message "check your connection and try again" when I tried to share a folder with non-Dropbox users. Is it an error? And how can I fix it ? If I recall correctly, I can share a folder with a non-Dropbox user and this user needs to register.

I can share with Dropbox users just fine. I also set no-proxy. I use Dropbox on Mac OS.

Thank for viewing, any answers are appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.03.49 PM.png

MarkR10
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue when on the desktop, "check your internet connection and try again".

When I go to the web version it simply tells me the person is not part of my dropbox team.  I have never had an issue in the past trying to share files with someone outside of my dropbox team.

Please fix this.

blangela
New member | Level 2

I'm having same issue. Have not yet tried to share using web interface. Have rebooted multiple time.

Please fix ASAP!!!

Bob

CindyWil
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same problem.

Burburb
New member | Level 2

I've the exact same issue just today, also on a Mac. The web version works fine. Syncing also works fine. Just the email validation in sharing gives the error. Version is v108.4.453

Ken18
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue. Message when I try to share a folder: "check your internet connection and try again".

I'm using Dropbox on a PC with Windows 10. To try to fix things I deleted Dropbox, then downloaded and reinstalled it. I was able to share folders around two weeks ago, now I can't share with anyone, including myself. Internet connection when tested is working just fine.

Righ
Explorer | Level 4

@MJacksonJustin wrote:

Hopefully this thread will give us the correct answer,  Try out this (link removed) solution, 

xxx

This appears to be spam as the link is to what appears to be a copy of this thread, but with another gratuitous link to a marketing webpage. Righ

G1nger0g
Explorer | Level 3

I have exactly the same problem.  I have been trying for three days now to share a file that has become mission critical.  I have tried all the rebooting etc and no change.  Come on Dropbox get this fixed.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Righ Explorer | Level 4
    NuggetMagic Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?