cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to delete a folder completely but the system won't let me, I'm not the administrator.

Can't delete a folder as I'm not the administrator

lunalunare
Explorer | Level 4

I have a folder that is in my virtual space, but the administrator is a person who no longer exists. So I can't delete that folder from my space because I don't have the permission as administrator. What can I do to free up that folder from my space?

13 Replies 13

lunalunare
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jay

I am answering you here, because obviously I cannot, as I have already said several times in previous messages, since I get this screen. I am sending you a screenshot of the screen that appears when I answer.

I pray that if someone asks me another question, it is better to do it privately, because it is very tiring to open a new message.

Portapapeles02.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @lunalunare, if the links contain content against our terms and conditions, you can report them to abuse@dropbox.com.

Regarding replying on the community, what error do you get if you click the reply button at the bottom of the thread?

Jay

----------------------------------------------------

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you answer my query regarding the shared links? Have you forwarded them to the email I suggested if they breach the terms of service?

Currently, there is no private messaging on the forum. Could you try replying to the thread again to see if it works this time?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lunalunare
Explorer | Level 4

@Jay Ufff, thank goodness... it works now and I can answer you here directly. And yes, I sent the complaint to the email that he told me, but they have not responded to me yet, not even an acknowledgment of receipt. It's quite frustrating to write a lot of messages... There's no way they'll destroy that link with photos of me... I'll be patient, to see if they write something. Because in addition to sending an email to abuse@dropbox.com, I have also reported it from the link itself in the "?" icon, in reporting a problem.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Yes, that is the best method, using the ? icon, and it goes directly to the team that specializes in these kinds of situations.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?