cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Badge - Get Collaborator's Version Automatically

Dropbox Badge - Get Collaborator's Version Automatically

admgnhp
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, 

I have a dropbox account, that I use with my colleague to work on various files. The badge works perfectly and lets me know when a newer version of the file is available when both of us are working at the same time, and either one can get collaborator's version of the file using badge popup. 

My question is, is there any way of doing it automatically? Without the need to press "Get Latest Version" button on the popup.

Like if collaborator saves the file with changes, then instead of the badge asking for "Get Latest Version", the file gets updated automatically?

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @admgnhp, welcome to our Community! 

At the moment there's no such functionality. 

However, I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments so that we can further improve our product. 

Your comments on our Badge feature have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

If you need anything else, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @admgnhp - this seems like a great suggestion, especially based on your use case. Do you know that you can share ideas with our team here, and also get support from other Dropbox users and Community members. This seems like a great suggestion to share there and see what other folks think 😊

Beyond that, I would love to know more about how you use Dropbox to collaborate, if you have any interest in sharing? 

admgnhp
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks @megan. If this functionality is added to dropbox, i am sure it will prove to be very helpful, specially in real time collaboration scenario.

admgnhp
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks @amy. Surelly i will post it on suggested link.
Me and my colleagues collaborate on various ms. Office files using drop box.

admgnhp
Helpful | Level 5
I was hoping if there is some setting that might hold the option for auto updating the file via the badge, or some api feature that would do the trick.
Need more support?