cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Folders, 80% of my files are empty.

Empty Folders, 80% of my files are empty.

PatASnyder
New member | Level 2

MANY of my folders show "folder is empty." They are nagging me to buy space but to upload what? My files are EMPTY. Some have ".edr" extensions, but it's a support function for other files. There is nothing in them.

I just wanted to download some files. Nothing here.

They want me to buy more space. I just want to see my files. It is a standoff. I tried working with "Support" but they kept asking me questions which were leading to try to sell me something. They never did answer my question. 

Where are my files? 

This is the first time I have tried to get anything from Dropbox. My 20 GB of data is garbage. 

TIA, Pat 

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @PatASnyder, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please share your ticket ID since you've already reached out to our Support team about this?

Also, do you see any sign of your missing files in your deleted files page or the events page perhaps?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PatASnyder
New member | Level 2

Thanks for responding!! 

I don't think I make an official report. I looked through the FAQ, etc., & could not find anything on "uploaded but empty files."

The stuff that is on dropbox is junk. They are nagging (daily) for me to buy more space. I wrote to them & said, "why would I buy more space for empty files." There was no response. 

These backup companies have quite a scam going. One where I downloaded some files, needed to download a second time, files were gone (sacrificial they said.) Another scam was that they backed up my files and then returned them in some encription that I was unable to decode, the instructions were a strange mess. Now Dropbox has all these empty files. I stopped looking for ANY FILES a week ago.

I did try the MS backup, but more nothing. It seems to be encrypted but what do I know? I know I don't have some old files I wish I had. I am too trusting.  

Thanks, I might be able to give away my portion of 'safe, secure backup.' 

Pat

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @PatASnyder, sorry to jump in here. 

We appreciate your feedback here, but let's see what we can find out.

If you go to the plan tab of your account settings, how much space do you see taken up and how much do you have available?

Also, if you go to this page that has all your files and follow the steps here, to calculate and see the size of files and folders, do you see which files are taking up your space?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    PatASnyder New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?