cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I transfer files (video) from oculus quest to Dropbox?

Files not showing on oculus quest

Carnage15987
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ive linked my account to the headset but none of my files are showing even though they are supported file types. i asked oculus and was told to ask here because they said it wasnt an issue with the headset but with the service.

26 Replies 26

CannarWilm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yeah it's really odd that this is a "built-in" option in the quest but it doesn't work. I would like to know if this is supported officially by drop Box.

JohannesMeyer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It was working fine for month..and then Oculus Update 12 came and they broke something in the code. They where too quick for the preChristmas updates and didnt make proper tests to avoid those kind of problems i think. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next update. Just sad that they dont push little patches to fix those obvious and annoying errors. However....opening Dropbox from the Oculus browser works fine too.

CannarWilm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Also, this thread is showing as solved. The problem hasn't been "solved". I would suggest that it should be left open, especially if mods are copying further threads into it. Otherwise it is a little misleading.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for your feedback @CannarWilm

You will find threads in the Community where the solution accepted is a workaround from users to users. Unfortunately, the way things operate at the time there is no actual solution for Oculus files on our end. 

I hope the workaround in this discussion can be a solution for you. 

@JohannesMeyer thank you for adding updates to this topic! 🙏 :innocent:

Cheers! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

JohannesMeyer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It works again... I think they fixed the Dropbox connection now by updating the gallery app. Since yesterday I can access all my files.

CannarWilm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Yep. Confirmed. Works great.

Melimelo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Confirmed
It works (for now;)
Need more support?