cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I restore my original Dropbox?

How can I restore my original Dropbox?

Builda
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Trying to get hold of support on this one because it's driving me insane! I originally had a personal account with 5gb and all of my honeymoon photos in it. Some friends of mine overseas gave me access to their business dropbox last year, which they have since cancelled, however, it appears to have connected it self to my login ID because I've lost access to all of my honeymoon pictures and personal files and if somebody shares access to a file it won't let me look at it unless I spend $30 a month to restore the 2 TB drive that the business was originally using!! All I want is somebody at bloody dropbox to get in touch with me and restore my account to how it was before anything happened, because I literally cannot do anything at the moment because it wants me to renew my subscription I never had!! if anybody from dropbox is listening I sent an email. Can you please reply to me on it and get in touch because Google Drive is looking really appealing right now after this. I'm pretty upset that my honeymoon photos have disappeared without a trace as well, because that's the only copy I had.

Hopefully this is not a waste of time posting in the community-I've tried looking everywhere for answers and I can't find them which is why I've emailed dropbox directly. The next step will be to ring them which I'm not keen on doing as I'm not in the US.

16 Replies 16

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As long as you were removed within the last week it is recoverable, after that, its not I'm afraid 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Builda
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
No worries, thanks anyway I think I probably lost everything then! The only other option is, if by chance I still have a local copy of the old dropbox, because I turned off, automatic update, so the old dropbox should still be on at least one of the computers in this house! Thanks for your help

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Builda wrote:
... the old dropbox should still be on at least one of the computers in this house!

Make sure you power up that machine while it's disconnected from the Internet, just in case. If the Dropbox client is still installed and the account was set to remote wipe, the first thing the Dropbox client would do is delete all the files from the local folder.

Builda
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Absolutely, I will 100% make sure the Internet is turned off when I turn on the computer I think it's backed up on. Thanks everybody for your help. All the best with a Dropbox in the future. I'm going to stick to off-line storage I think!! Lol

Asith77553
New member | Level 2
I need my recovery my old photos

Asith77553
New member | Level 2
I forget my email

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Asith77553 - I'm not quite sure I understand the issue you're facing. Could you elaborate a bit for us please? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?