cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I leave dropbox beta testing?

How do I leave dropbox beta testing?

lucien950
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Recently, I checked the box to join the dropbox beta testing on my desktop application, but I have changed my mind and want to reverse back. I tried to delete the folder that contains all my computer files in my dropbox, but it says that "the operation could not be performed". How can I delete the folder that backs up my computer files?

14 Replies 14

Thom A.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yeah I've done all this. I have someone from Dropbox emailing me...with countless steps and wanting screen shots of this and that.... meanwhile my computer shows "syncing" when i click on Dropbox in the taskbar (mac) and it's been saying that for a week. 

I now have to do work on my laptop, because if I save something to Dropbox on my Desktop, it get's lost in the sync ...or the never ending sync...and then it's not on the file on my laptop. 

This is beyond frustrating. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you're already in contact with a support agent, they would be in a better position to assist you further. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Thom A.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

so per the support person, my issue has been "referred to another team" or something like that. 

My question to the community....can I just delete Dropbox and re-install it. I swear I'm going to sit here and wait and then that is what I will be told to do anyways. I literally cannot use my desktop because if I save a file, it's not syncing anywhere else...the desktop is in a virtual never-ending sync. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Reinstalling the Dropbox desktop application would most likely be the best method, however, as you've been experiencing issues doing so, the support team will be able to investigate further. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Thom A.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

GOD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! 

this if frickin crazy! 

This is the latest response i got in an email...that takes 24-48 hours to get:

Thank you very much for contacting Dropbox support. My name is Junior, and I will be of your assistance. I understand that you are experiencing frozen syncing on your device. 

To ensure that Dropbox is working correctly, I'd recommend that you rebuild your configuration settings by unlinking and relinking your Dropbox account to your computer. This will restore any settings which may have been changed without affecting or removing your files.

Please follow these steps to unlink and relink your computer:

1) Right-click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or menu bar, by the clock.
2) Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar, and select "Preferences".
3) Select the Account tab.
4) Click the "Sign Out" button in the Account tab.
5) Your Dropbox will then prompt you to re-enter your account information.

Your account will then take a few moments to re-index your Dropbox folder, and sync any pending changes before returning to normal activity.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to send an email.

Now, any file that is in my Download file, should be specific to this computer, right? So I want to move a file/photo from the Download to Dropbox so it will be available on any device. when I do that, I now get a pop up window that says "If I move thsi file to Dropbox, it won't be available in Dropbox or on any devices." Why is it doing that? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Thom A. Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?