cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to generate site map / folder tree of all the folders and files in my drop box for Mac?

How to generate site map / folder tree of all the folders and files in my drop box for Mac?

cathykl
New member | Level 2

Good morning

I am trying to find a way to show a complete site map / folder tree of all the folders and files in my drop box.

The reason I need this is it needs tidying up and before I do so I would like to see where everything is so I can come up with an efficient plan to move folders and files to new areas?

If anyone has any information on how to print off an site map / tree I would be grateful.

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cathykl, welcome to our Community! 

At the moment, Dropbox doesn't offer what you described, since there's no functionality to create a site map, directly through us.

You might be able to work with a third-party app, in order to do that. I'll keep your question open, so others can share any vital knowledge on this.

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MegAsks
New member | Level 2

Greetings! 

I think it would be incredibly helpful to have the ability to view and print a spreadsheet report of all files and folders one has in their account. This would be perfect for companies/organizations (or even individuals) who want to conduct an audit of shared Dropbox files. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your feedback, @MegAsks

We appreciate your suggestion and it has already been forwarded to the relevant team, so that they can take it into consideration.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Joseph C.23
Collaborator | Level 9

This would be very helpful. 

Need more support?