cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I copied my Photos folder from my IMac desktop to Dropbox but now I can't find it.

I copied my Photos folder from my IMac desktop to Dropbox but now I can't find it.

slwheel34
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all, New to this community. 

Hoping someone can help me. I copied my Photos folder from my IMac desktop to Dropbox as I wanted to have an extra copy of my photos. So...now I can still see the photos on my Iphone but the folder is not in Dropbox and it is not on my desktop. Where is it? I figure it must be somewhere as it is still on my phone but I can't seem to get to the actual folder. Any thoughts? Any help is much appreciated! I already contacted the help support but the problem is not yet solved. I didn't realize they are not available on the weekends. Thanks. Sue

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II

Can you see it at www.dropbox.com/home ? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

slwheel34
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mark, Thanks for reaching out. No, it does not appear in the dropbox either. Very mysterious. Any ideas?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @slwheel34, I hope you're doing well!

Let's jump right into this! 

How exactly did you copy your Photos folder from your iMac to your Dropbox? Can you walk me through the steps that you followed on your end? 

Is it possible that you enabled our Backup feature

Also, if you have any screenshots of the Photos folder and how it looks at the moment, feel free to send them over, in order for me to have a visual of this too. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

slwheel34
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, THanks for reaching out. I am working a bit w Kevin but I wanted to show you this to show you the missing Photos folder.Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 1.39.04 PM.pngWhat I originally did is grab the Photos folder from the Finder and drag it over to the Dropbox> Not sure what happened as it never made it to Dropbox and it is not on my Finder either. The photos are still on my phone so they must be somewhere. ICloud? If need be I can move the photos that are on my phone to Dropbox if you have a suitable way to do that. Thanks for any help you can give!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @slwheel34, you can definitely upload your photos from your phone to your Dropbox using our Camera Uploads feature.

However, that won't help locate the Photos folder on your Mac, I'm afraid.

Do you see anything regarding these photos in your account's events page, for example, do you see any upload events?

Also, what's the sync status of the Dropbox app on your Mac? You can hover over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar to check this.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

slwheel34
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, No, I can't but I was able to upload the photos from my phone to Dropbox though so I didn't lose any. They suggested that I create a Photos folder for my Finder but I don't know how to make sure that my new photos are directed to that folder. Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @slwheel34 - sorry to jump in here, but I wanted to mention that you should be able to copy or move the new photos you upload to your Dropbox account manually from your Dropbox folder to your Photos folder on your computer.

Would that not work for you? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

slwheel34
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Thanks for your advice. I followed it and I believe I am all set now. Great customer service!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

HI there, @slwheel34!

Glad everything is back on track, and we appreciate your lovely words. 🤗

I'm here to wish you a great Monday, and an even better week ahead. Thanks! :nerd:

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    slwheel34 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?