cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to forward emails to a Dropbox folder?

Is there a way to forward emails to a Dropbox folder?

KKok
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there

I've reviewed some of the previous discussions on this but wanted to start a new one in hopes there is something new to update.

I want to forward my emails to dropbox.  Why?   We receive many invoices to email and to automate the data entry of them, I would like to send it directly to dropbox.

From dropbox, my data entry system will pick up the emails and enter them into my jobbing system and xero.

I keep a backup of the invoices on Dropbox, so will mean I only need to move files over once per month in order file them in the respective months.

Can anyone recommend the best workflow for this?

Cheers

K

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Nothing has changed. Dropbox does not have a feature that allows you to send files to your account through email. There have been third-party services in the past that provide such functionality. Some have been discontinued. Others can be found with a Google search.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Nothing has changed. Dropbox does not have a feature that allows you to send files to your account through email. There have been third-party services in the past that provide such functionality. Some have been discontinued. Others can be found with a Google search.

BROKERJ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for answering the question that I have NEEDED answered.

For the life of me - WHY won't DropBox allow me to send emails dirrecly into it?

Do you or anyone else have recomendations on the program to get that function?  I just need to forward work emails into DropBox.

Jason

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BROKERJ New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?