cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to restore permanently deleted files?

Is there a way to restore permanently deleted files?

Dmitriy Mo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello!
I deleted folder named "перепрограммирование биокомьютера" and than i deleted it from recycle bin.
Can i recover it? Could you recover it for me? Is it somehow possible? Account [personal information removed as per Community's Guidelines]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Dmitriy Mo; welcome to our Community!

I'm afraid that you won't be able to restore any permanently deleted files from your account since, as the relevant article outlines, if you permanently delete a file or folder, you can't recover it later. 

If you were referring to your computer's recycle bin though, check your account's deleted files page or even the events page as you might be able to restore the missing folder from there. 

I hope this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Dmitriy Mo; welcome to our Community!

I'm afraid that you won't be able to restore any permanently deleted files from your account since, as the relevant article outlines, if you permanently delete a file or folder, you can't recover it later. 

If you were referring to your computer's recycle bin though, check your account's deleted files page or even the events page as you might be able to restore the missing folder from there. 

I hope this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

adambtolbert
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

If a File/Folder has been permanently deleted, or if the file/Folder has been in the Recycle Bin for 120 days in dropbox it cannot be recovered using native options.

When deleting a file or folder, a user has two options. They can either delete from dropbox.com by clicking on an ellipsis (…) next to a file or folder and then choosing Delete. Or, on a desktop or laptop, they can drag and drop an unnecessary folder into the Recycle Bin or Trash. Once deleted if the user navigates to Dropbox Business, and selects the permanently delete checkboxes, file recovery is not possible by native Dropbox options. They are truly gone forever!

I here can suggest an alternative solution on which I am not sure until you have ever store the files on your local machine. If you stored the files on your pc so it may possible to recover data using some free data recovery utility. You can try your luck by using Recuva or Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition to recover lost folder.

Carlos33
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
How can i get back my documents if i have eliminated them definitely?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you mean you permanently deleted them?

If so, you cant, sorry, they are permanently deleted. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

wannahanna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, can you help me to find deleted files?

I deleted from folder: deleted files

it was really needed files, I need to find them as soon as possible 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@wannahanna wrote:

I deleted from folder: deleted files

Unfortunately, if you've deleted the files from the Deleted Files section, then the files cannot be recovered. They've been deleted permanently.

Boqorhooto
New member | Level 2
I accidentally permanent deleted some files, how can i restore those files

Rich
Super User II

@Boqorhooto wrote:
I accidentally permanent deleted some files, how can i restore those files

You can't. Permanently deleted files are deleted ... permanently.

Agapi1983
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HELP plz

i accidently deleted permenantly a valuable folder...is there eny chance to restore it?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Robingood Explorer | Level 3
    zakslaher New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?