cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an email from Dropbox saying that I have deleted 232606 files that I don't recognize.

Just got an email from Dropbox saying that I have deleted 232606 files that I don't recognize.

pophist
Explorer | Level 4

Just got an email from Dropbox saying that I  have deleted 232606 files. Looking att Dropbox.com it shows a couple of versions one were the deleted files looks ok with just the files I know are deleted. If I follow the link from the e-mail I get another version with enormous amount of deleted files that I don't recognise. What is up?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

The email is probably taking you to www.dropbox.com/events which can group things together - especially moves

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

pophist
Explorer | Level 4

Ok, thanks Mark, but why did I get the email in the first place? It is Swedish, my native language., saying Skärmavbild 2024-03-02 kl. 15.55.51.png

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox is just warning you that a large deletion happened - to try and stop you loosing data. 

Unfortunately it isnt always the best at identifying moves vs. deletions. 

You can turn them off in notifications if you want to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    pophist Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?