cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually backup iOS Photo gallery

Manually backup iOS Photo gallery

lazyfrog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Heres my problem: I have the automatic camera Uploads on and it did a good job of backing up all my files on my iphone. However, I have been doing some housekeeping and got rid off a lot of my files in the photo app on my Iphone (for example blurry pictures and duplicata shots etc). Now I am looking for a way to upload my photo gallery in the current state into my dropbox replacing the old unsorted version. Is there any way to do this?

I have tried deleting a test picture in my camera uploads folder in dropbox after turning the automatic uploads off but after turning them back on the picture which is still on my phones library was not uploaded again even though my settings for the upload include all pictures and not just the ones taken after the automatic uploads were turned on. I even tried to put the pictures that were on my phone but not synced to the dropbox (because I moved them or deleted them from the camera uploads folder)  into a folder which I then selected for the camera Uploads to upload from but the feature didnt recognize them as photos it has to upload.

Thus my plan to turn off camera uploads and then just delete all the files in my dropbox camera uploads folder (which include all the bad pictures I have deleted on my phone) to then turn the camera uploads back on so that only the wanted pictures will be uploaded again doesnt seem to work.

Any help is appreciated and I hope I could explain my issue well enough, let me know if you need any more details as this is my first support request, thanks all ; )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@lazyfrog wrote:

Now I am looking for a way to upload my photo gallery in the current state into my dropbox replacing the old unsorted version. Is there any way to do this?

The Camera Uploads feature will not upload a photo that it has already uploaded, even if you turn it off and on again. The only way for that to happen is if you contact Support and ask them to reset your Camera Uploads. This will result in ALL photos and videos on your device to be uploaded again when you activate Camera Uploads. The only other option is to manually upload your photos.

I'd suggest turning off the feature, deleting everything in your Camera Uploads folder (or just move it all elsewhere as a backup), and then contacting Support to request that it be reset.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@lazyfrog wrote:

Now I am looking for a way to upload my photo gallery in the current state into my dropbox replacing the old unsorted version. Is there any way to do this?

The Camera Uploads feature will not upload a photo that it has already uploaded, even if you turn it off and on again. The only way for that to happen is if you contact Support and ask them to reset your Camera Uploads. This will result in ALL photos and videos on your device to be uploaded again when you activate Camera Uploads. The only other option is to manually upload your photos.

I'd suggest turning off the feature, deleting everything in your Camera Uploads folder (or just move it all elsewhere as a backup), and then contacting Support to request that it be reset.

lazyfrog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thank you very much, Ill try that!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lazyfrog Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?