cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Files on Personal PC seem to be DELETED after leaving job where boss synced me to his dropbox

Master Files on Personal PC seem to be DELETED after leaving job where boss synced me to his dropbox

coledanellerich
New member | Level 2

HELP!!!!!

I had a job where the boss added me to his/the business drop box. It automatically synced my personal files / documents from my home PC to the business drop box. When I quit, he deleted me from the business drop box and now I no longer have access to ANY of my personal documents on my PC! My Documents folder, Pictures folder, all of it says I no longer have access to the source and the pathway says it's through dropbox... I am not techy but I am PISSED that I may have lost all of my personal documents and photos to this **bleep** job. PLEASE HELP!!! I can't even save a document or download anything from my computer now!!Screenshot 2023-03-13 114805.png

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @coledanellerich, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you were using the computer backup feature given the location of the missing files.

Since the team admin has deleted your account, this means that your files on the site would be missing. Is it possible for the team admin to recover your account, just temporarily, and then convert it to a personal account for you to get your files back?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?