cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing a Word file I was working on, which closed and disappeared out of nowhere

Missing a Word file I was working on, which closed and disappeared out of nowhere

beatrizdlp
Explorer | Level 3

I was working on a file, that closed out of nowhere and disappeared from my computer and dropbox, but when I look for it in the computer finder a version of it appears which says that Word found illegible content in the document, the thing is that it appears to be saved on my dropbox but when I go into the file under the name it is saved the document does not appear and it it s saved in FamilyDropbox but can't seem to get human assistance anywhere. H E L P please 

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear about this, @beatrizdlp.

If you go to your account on dropbox.com, are you able to locate and open the file in question?

Also, is it possible to send us a screenshot of the message you got from Word about the illegible content?

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

beatrizdlp
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Hannah, no I can’t locate the document, but in the Finder it does appear Under a file thats sabes on my Dropbox Family. Is there Any Roger way to chat with you? I can’t send sreenshots here 😕

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @beatrizdlp, I'm afraid that chat is only available to paid customers. You can see more about that here

You should be able to send us some screenshots, by clicking the camera-like icon when trying to reply back to us here. Just make sure none of your personal info is shown there. 

I'd love to have a visual of the file's path, and the message you get when trying to preview it. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    beatrizdlp Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?