cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Move List on DB Website Missing Folders

Move List on DB Website Missing Folders

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

Dropbox (laptop website) - trying to move a file to my News folder, but that News and several other folders are not appearing in the move-to folder list.

I have screenshots showing that the folder list and the move-to folder lists are not the same on website. The move-to folder list is incomplete: missing about 7 folders between the LSU Leftovers folder and the Press Photos folder.

FYI This does not appear to be an issue on Dropbox iPhone app - the News and other folders between LSU and Press Photos do appear in the move-to folder list.

Very frustrating when you cannot find something you KNOW is on Dropbox.

Let me know if you want screenshots.

Please help,

Judith

EDIT:  I have found many additional folders that do not appear in the move-to folder list on Dropbox website. Can someone regenerate/repopulate/reindex my folder list so that all of my folders appear in the folder list when moving files? Thank!

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II

Hi

Please do post the screenshots 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

2024-03-17 Dropbox Website 1 folders list LSU to Press Photos.png2024-03-17 Dropbox Website 2 folders missing from move list.png

Thanks.

Folders missing on move-to list between LSU Leftovers folder to Press Photos folders.

Mark
Super User II

The only thing I can spot is that when you are moving the folder is inside of '1 Doxie Transfers' so you'll see other folders inside of that. 

On the first image you are seeing all files and not just ones inside of that subfolder. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

Nope not moving from or to a subfolder.

Thanks anyway.

Dropbox, any help or guidance?

Thanks,

Judith

Mark
Super User II

@amcoffice wrote:

Nope not moving from or to a subfolder.

Thanks anyway.

Dropbox, any help or guidance?

Thanks,

Judith

You are moving from a subfolder:

Mark_0-1710704380860.png

Either intentionally or not...

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

I know how to move from and to true subfolders.  1 Doxie Transfers is a main folder under Dropbox - just like all my other main folders. The folders that are missing from the move-to folder list are also main folder (the same level as 1 Doxie Transfers folder).  The fact that folders are missing has nothing to do with subfolders.  Thanks anyway.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@amcoffice wrote:

...  1 Doxie Transfers is a main folder under Dropbox - just like all my other main folders. ...

Hi @amcoffice,

Hm..🤔 What do you mean "main folder"? 🧐 I'm a bit confused of your term in use. Would you define what's "main folder"? In the same context what's the Dropbox folder itself (the one shown in "Move 1 item to..." popup, just before '1 Doxie Transfers' folder - on left)?

One more thing - you may try to click on that Dropbox folder in the popup (on left) to see what will go on. 😉

Good luck.

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

Sorry for my nomenclature. I was trying to respond to previous posts that suggested the issue was subfolders (which it is not) to differentiate folders from subfolders.

Clicking on Dropbox folder on left of popup does not change the folder list since I'm moving from a folder and not a subfolder.

Dropbox, the fact remains that the move-to folder list I get when trying to move an image on Dropbox website remains incomplete - missing at least 7 folders that I've encountered so far. Hopefully I'll get a response from Dropbox on this post or to my email.

Thank you!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Ha..😁 Now, as I took a look with a bit more care, I can see that there are some glitches in the web interface (seems like a new bug - once again). 🤦

In spite, you should still be able to navigate in you accounts folder tree though. Only the initial folder view is incorrect. As seems (currently) wherever you start move from, the initial folder view is only the Dropbox folder itself - that's it, nothing more. Just select (navigate) where you want to move the selected to and click "Move" button once you are there (it'll be disabled until new folder is selected, despite of the initial view is for different folder - let's hope this discrepancy will be fixed soon).

Hope this helps.

Need more support?