cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moving files is super slow

Moving files is super slow

CharlesStanford
New member | Level 2

Dropbox is so slow moving files it has become basically impossible to do any tidying up.  If there's no answer for why this is happening, and a solution, then I'm going to have to move on to another service.  I'm on a fast connection and a brand new gaming laptop with plenty of speed, RAM, etc. so I know it's nothing on my end.

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting here, @CharlesStanford

Which Dropbox platform are you having this issue on? Is this happening on all platforms instead (website/desktop/mobile app)?

Are your files being moved after some time or does the action fail completely? 

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CharlieStanford
Helpful | Level 5

Web access on a PC.  I think all of them moved, but I'm not 100% sure and that's a problem.  Instead of KNOWING they moved, now it's up to me to SEE if they moved.  That's your job, not mine.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@CharlieStanford, please keep in mind that we have no visibility over your Dropbox account on the forum, so we can't check this on our end.

Please open another web browser and attempt to move a small number of files from there. I'd like to see if the same issue still persists.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CharlieStanford
Helpful | Level 5

I didn't mean literally watch my files.  I meant that it's your job to make sure your site works.  I have a fast connection (fastest AT&T sells- fiber, etc.), a gaming laptop (though I'm no gamer), and if Dropbox won't work with my browser of choice given my connection and hardware then I have no use for it.  I was using Edge for what it's worth.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CharlesStanford, sorry to jump in here and thanks for your feedback on this.

May I ask if clearing the app's cache or using another browser helps improve matters at all for you? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?