cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My images don't load on mobile

My images don't load on mobile

CoveUS
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My images don't load on mobile when I visit my website that uses dropbox direct photo links. The desktop site works fine.

114 Replies 114

philski
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Where is Walter, Lusil or Daphne?

Has anyone with a ticket heard back?

Rudi B have you heard anything?

Rudi B Rasmussen
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No - nothing. It is very frustrating. Dropbox needs to do the right thing here. It must be a piece of cake for them to redirect all "dropbox.com\*" requests to "dl.dropboxusercontent.com\*"

Please Dropbox, help us !!!

mrfiledude
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

i'm satisfied with the answer provided re. changing to "dl.dropboxusercontent" from "www.dropbox"

i'm still miffed by no heads-up, but i think the solution is fine. you can do a find replace through your editor, or , as i did, programmatically, to provide for future entries (my catalog of media is managed via a Google sheet ).

philski
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

yes changing the link like that works...

but it's really lame that you go to your local Dropbox, select a file, right click and get "Copy Dropbox Link" and unlike, you know the last 10 years!, they NOW give you a link that doesn't work... not to mention all them older busted MacOS / iOS pages.

rad. thx.

hardreturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

it's also not feasible to edit hundreds of old links across multiple different sites

mrfiledude
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

i can give you server-side or javascript code to replace all the image etc links.

hardreturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I super appreciate that, however this is on various photography and specialty forums. this already happened years ago when they deprecated direct links and forced the raw=1 convention. 

kainwaffle
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hope you don't mind I tag on, but if you can share it with me as well that'd be great. Been at the verge of ripping my hair out over the prospect of manually changing over 10,000 instances.

kainwaffle
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

On a different note: I've spoken to a dev from another service I use to today (on an adjacent matter), and when I off-handedly mentioned this issue he noted that it probably has to do with Apple slowly discontinuing support on redirects (DB raw=1 links being redirected elements, so it seems to apply) due to security purposes and whatnot. Apparently it's been an inevitable consequence and mused that it's only a matter of time before everyone else follows suit...

I'm no programmer, so make of it what you will. I'm merely speculating. The point however seems to be that it might be time to find alternative solutions anyway, and might explain how painfully silent DB is on this issue - if they can't make apple bend on this, they have a lot of coding to do.

Rudi B Rasmussen
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@mrfiledude 

Do You think it can be done with .htaccess ?

That is change links from "www.dropbox.com" to "dl.dropboxusercontent.com"?

I have tried, but failed in my attempts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    evaag New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?