cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Albums

Photo albums disappeared

Piggy75
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi
Can somebody please help me as all my Albums not files have disappeared.
I have hundreds of pictures stored in these albums and need them back?
Look for to hearing back from people

49 Replies 49

Bessyboo1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
DROP BOX ALBUM FEATURE..........More than this complaint i want an actual answer/response and justification as too why the Album feature has been removed, I HAVE PAYED FOR THE PRIVILEGE FOR OVER 10 YEARS IF YOU REMOVE A SERVICE I EXPECT TO KNOW WHY.......ALSO the answer I don't want is you still have your photo's. For me this ALBUM feature was priceless, I literally could go on and on abt this issue to the end of days but ultimately I just want to know why ??????????? ( yes I have tried direct contact but this feature doesn't seem to gooking exist either) and how can I go to another provider and transfer all my pics, I am useless and not tech savvy in the slightest, though I did know how to use the album feature.
Further explanation as follows, I posted on fb not long ago patience is running out now, PLEASE HELP

DROP BOX ALBUMS......
If you know you know, f****** b*******, can not for love or money spk to anyone that can help with this problem. Googled and googled and researcherd but feck all help.
Photo's are precious, they last a life time, memories don't, unfortunately most minds are not equipped to hold this information forever no matter how memorable or precious and even if you can, nothing can compare to looking at pics and videos 10 years ago, 6 months, or 2 minutes down the line . Just My opinion.
Me and my family have experienced loosing pictures(no back up in them days) in a house fire, I've had my phone stolen and over the years misplaced videos or memory sticks e.c.t I accept my responsibility for that and acts out of my/our control.
Then drop box appeared, been using this app since 2012 and paying from £7.00 to now £9.99 p/m for the last 10 years, a few months ago I noticed the album feature had dissapeared without any prior warning and still to now, absolutely no explanation as to why/ what has happened what so ever. ( so much going on at that time, it was upsetting but couldnt deal with it at the time) That is months and months of sorting over the last 10 + years of the thousands and thousands of photo's I have acquired and put into albums. Not only has the album feature disappeared but also all of my hundreds of saved albums for all the most loved and treasured moments, dates, years and precise moments being saved. I except human error but this is not the case, they have purposely with no reason or explanation that I can find or have been told, removed this feature, which I'm sure as they are an international company, and earning millions has also affected millions of people.
My family and friends that I know do not use drop box so only reason I'm posting this us in hope that somebody may know or can help to get these albums back or has any idea how to transfer them to a different platform, sorry if terminology is rubbish but hope someone understands what I'm talking abt and can help.🙏😘 xx

Date of experience: 05 December 2022

PatDavies
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In case some day Dropbox decides to listen... Maybe 2-3 years ago, I was shopping for additional on-line photo storage. I recall looking at Dropbox and determining that it really doesn't care about photos, just files. I've been happily using Google Photos. Even OneDrive has albums. I have space there too. Just this week, I received a promotional 50% off for one year from Dropbox. This is attractive, so I looked at the DropBox features. Of course, I could not find any notion of photo albums, just directories of files. Then I found this forum. DropBox had the feature and dropped it. Now, I know Google has done this repeatedly: introduce a feature then drop it. But Google warns well in advance their intentions. It was bad enough that DropBox dropped the album feature, but it appears that they gave no notice. I get it, sometimes a company has to make difficult business decisions, but don't screw your existing customer base in the process. At least without warning them in advance.

felicitys
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

missing photos library since recent upgrade

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @felicitys, happy Tuesday! 

Is the content that you're missing, entirely gone from your Dropbox account or you can't see it, under your desktop/mobile app? 

When you say that you upgraded, do you refer to your Dropbox subscription, or your desktop's OS?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

felicitys
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

Thank you for getting back to me, so hard to get any contact with dropbox support.

I was sent an email from dropbox to upgrade my account. I have the professional package. unfortunately I did the upgrade and ever since then I cannot open my photos library. It also seems that files are missing, corrupted and 2 XLfiles missing the whole of 2022.

I have tried to get help from Apple but they are at a loss as to how to put things right. I see there is a wind back section but I am too concerned that I might lose everything, so don't feel confident to try it. If I could restore everything to before the upgrade, seemingly that would be best.

Please get back to me and see if you can help restore my computer, its such a mess.

Thanks felicity

Piggy75
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Megan

My saved albums from the time I started using Dropbox disappeared last year like everybody else.
All we get back drom support team is that the pictures are still available just not in albums anymore.....do you really think we will all scroll though 10yrs of photos!!
Worst thing is nobody at Dropbox informed us of this action!!Look at all the complaints ...there are many

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @felicitys, your issue would be different to what other users are referring to. Are you able to see your missing images from the deleted files page

Are you experiencing the behavior that the Photos library is no longer allowed in the Dropbox folder?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Piggy75
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The section where it says photos use to have Albums but the disappeared without any warning.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Piggy75, we appreciate your feedback on this matter. As my colleague @Walter stated here, this was removed from the Android version of the app almost a year ago.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Piggy75
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I know this.....shocking!!!!!
Need more support?