cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Permanently Deleted Files

Recover Permanently Deleted Files

rcpluse
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Someone got an access to my account and deleted some of my files 3 months ago. I tried recovering it now, but it still wont after purchasing the Dropbox Professional Trial with that said that it can recover up to 120 days. 😞 Can I still retrieve them?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey @rcpluse, I am afraid that you cannot recover those files via Dropbox anymore. If you were a Dropbox Basic user when the deletion happened, those deleted files would be kept for 30 days. After 30 days those files would have been removed permanently from the Dropbox server. Now subscribing to Dropbox Pro cannot recover them. Dropbox Pro subscription is not retroactive, meaning it is not applicable to past events, it will keep 120 days history from now on. 

View solution in original post

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
The only thing I can suggest is looking to see if they are available on any other device still, or, if they were a part of a shared folder can you get somebody else to send you them back.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

babureddy79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Actually i uploaded one pic and with in two hours i deleted it permanently from dropbox.. but still i t is available in dropbox servers , will they give my files which is indecent to any sites , iam fearing please help me soon

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If you permanently deleted it then its deleted and will no longer be useable.
Also, unless you explicitly shared it Dropbox will not send it anywhere - or for that matter even know what the image is about.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

babureddy79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Permanently deleted photos will be available in dropbox server are not tell me please ,

If available how many days it will be in dropbox server eventhough i permanently deleted

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Permanently deleted files are deleted, permanently. They cannot be recovered.

babureddy79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
My question is that , permanently deleted file in dropbox , will dropbox server has its backup are not say me ...
If they keep my files after I permanently deleted, how many days it will be in Dropbox server

babureddy79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
After I permanently deleted my file in my Dropbox account , how many days dropbox will keep by files in their servers..

Please help me my files are available with dropbox server are not , after I permanently deleted

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
There not.

They are gone.

You permanently deleted it.

There is now no copy of it.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @babureddy79 , thanks for reaching out about this. 

You stated that you have already permanently deleted these files and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but when this type of deletion occurs, the files and their backups (no matter what version history your account is entitled to) are immediately removed from Dropbox's servers. Note that this can only be done via the web interface on Dropbox.com. 

I hope this helps and I remain at your disposal should you have any other questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

babureddy79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Are you sure when I permanently deleted any file ,it won't be look even in dropbox server correct
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Raihan Hossen New member | Level 2
    adambtolbert Collaborator | Level 8
    BhawnaThakur New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?