cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Renaming a file stops, after 5-6 characters. Why?

Renaming a file stops, after 5-6 characters. Why?

opaarchitettura
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Buonasera a tutti.

Ho riscontrato un problema su Dropbox per quanto riguarda la rinominazione dei file che ho nelle mie cartelle. 

Il problema è il seguente: Provo da un paio di giorni a rinomare i file cambiandogli il nome ma dopo appena 5 o 6 caratteri mi si blocca la rinominazione, ho notato questo problema solo all'interno di Dropbox in alcuni determinati file ad esempio i file PDF_ Successivamente ho effettuato la stessa cosa sul desktop e mi rinomina bene i file senza problemi, e rimettendoli nelle cartelle di Dropbox li legge correttamente.

Mi potete essere di aiuto?

---------------

Good evening everyone.

I'm having a problem on Dropbox with regards to renaming the files I have in my folders.

The problem is the following: I have been trying to rename the files for a couple of days by changing their name but after just 5 or 6 characters the renaming stops, I only noticed this problem within Dropbox in some specific files such as the files PDF_ Later I did the same thing on the desktop and it renames the files well without problems, and putting them back in the Dropbox folders reads them correctly.

Can you help me?

13 Replies 13

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Grazie per lo screenshot, @opaarchitettura!

Si prega di notare che i 259 caratteri includono l'intero percorso del file e non solo il file stesso. In altre parole, questo limite include sia il file che ogni cartella in cui si trova.

Come test, puoi provare a spostare questo file direttamente nella cartella principale di Dropbox e farmi sapere se il problema persiste?

---------------

Thanks for the screenshot, @opaarchitettura!

Please kindly note that the 259 characters include the whole path of the file, and not just the file itself. In other words, this limit includes both the file and every folder within which it’s located. 

As a test, can you please try to move this file directly to the Dropbox root folder and let me know if the issue persists?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

opaarchitettura
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Nancy 

Buongiorno Nancy.

Grazie mille per la risposta questo potrebbe essere il problema, infatti già provando a mettere il file nelle cartelle precedenti a quella dove sta il file me lo apre e me lo rinomina. Ti ringrazio Nancy 🙂 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sono felice di sapere che il problema sembra essere stato risolto!

Se hai bisogno di qualcos'altro, non esitare a darmi una spintarella.

Buon resto della tua settimana!

--------------

I’m glad to hear the issue seems to have been resolved! 

If you need something else, don’t hesitate to give me a nudge.

Have a great rest of your week!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

opaarchitettura
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Grazie di tutto @Nancy 

Certamente, se ho bisogno sarò felice di chiedere aiuto a lei.  Buone Feste 😉

Need more support?