cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Entire Folder to a previous date

Restore Entire Folder to a previous date

Stokes Marine M
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a folder in my dropbox that has all of the files missing. All of the folders and sub folders are there but the files are all missing. I'd like to just revert the entire folder back to last Friday.

9 Replies 9

Kunal g.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dear Sir,

I want to restore all the files and folders which were there on 26 Nov 2015, kindly advise how can i do that??

Troy W.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

If your comfortable with running a script in command line check out this GitHub project:

https://github.com/clark800/dropbox-restore

Source:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13052897/revert-all-files-in-a-folder

Thomas G.30
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I lost all my files due to virus and need the entire box rolled back.  Who can I contact?

Kayte A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I lost everything today, 10 years of work from a virus. How can I restore files back to yesterday? Got someone coming to look at computer but I just want to know is this possible?

Troy W.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

2 people within 24 hours to a virus - crazy. Either of you care to shear details of the virus? How did it get on your system? What system are you running? Did anything else get wiped or just Dropbox?

Anyway, the previously linked script worked well for me in the past. It should work for you guys also. Are you stuck in running the script?

Troy.

sentient s.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to restore all the files and folders which were there on 16 Sept 2016, kindly advise how can i do that??

Kate W.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I need to restore to 16 Sept 2016 as well.  My deleted files folder is empty but most of my folders are missing items and some are completely empty.  

srazfar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If you have a Mac then use the app "Revisions". It will help you restore any file or folder at any specified time.

PC version is not available. Oh, it's a free app.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kate W.10 New member | Level 1
    sentient s.1 New member | Level 2
    Troy W.2 New member | Level 1
    Kayte A. New member | Level 1
    Thomas G.30 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?