cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spontaneous changes to uploaded Plus account.

Spontaneous changes to uploaded Plus account.

K1ty2R3ss452019
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In early February 2023, I successfully uploaded and shared a number of photos and short movie clips from a recent vacation to an upgraded Plus account. People received and could access the link and view the files. A month or so later, when I accessed what should have been the full Plus account, the vacation materials were no longer present, and only a folder with a few photos from my earlier free account.

When I search I see lots of advice about how to access a Plus account, but so far (I'm new here remember!) I haven't seen a reference to a Plus account that gets reverted to a free account. I have my receipt etc from Dropbox acknowledging my Plus account payment and, again, for a week or so, I could in fact access it in the usual way.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,

K1ty2R3ss452019

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @K1ty2R3ss452019 

My guess is you actually have 2 accounts and have logged in to the wrong one. 

Check the receipt email is IDENTICAL to the one you logged in to. You can also look at www.dropbox.com/events to see what was uploaded and done on an account so if you log on to the one you think is Plus you should see the uploads at that link

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @K1ty2R3ss452019 

My guess is you actually have 2 accounts and have logged in to the wrong one. 

Check the receipt email is IDENTICAL to the one you logged in to. You can also look at www.dropbox.com/events to see what was uploaded and done on an account so if you log on to the one you think is Plus you should see the uploads at that link

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

K1ty2R3ss452019
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Mark. Essentially you were right, except that I actually had 2 MS accounts, one on a PC and one on an iPAD and the default Dropbox on one different from the other. I'd set the up long ago and forgot this crucial fact. And, on the iPad account the upper right icon does not display the account name the way it does on the PC version and I was unaware of the mistake until your comment made me dig more.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

K1ty2R3ss452019 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?