cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet lost month of work - wrong version update from dropbox?

Spreadsheet lost month of work - wrong version update from dropbox?

DaneOfTheHill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I start my workdays clicking on the top spreadsheet under "Recent" in excel (my companies current book). Same today, everything is fine. Closed everything and restarted computer (because Windows' File Explorer didn't open). Open the same top option in Recent, now the spreadsheet is like a month old (lots of data missing). This is devastating, really hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I use dropbox to back up the file, never had this problem before. Any ideas where to start with the troubleshooting?

Windows 10
Wi-Fi connection
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
Desktop computer
No other problems, systems runs smoothly, only Firefox, Telegram and Spotify open apart from Excel.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DaneOfTheHill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Update: I found the old version in "Sync history" in Dropbox, seems there was a circular reference and therefore the up-to-date version had been saved as "conflicted copy".

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DaneOfTheHill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Update: I found the old version in "Sync history" in Dropbox, seems there was a circular reference and therefore the up-to-date version had been saved as "conflicted copy".

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DaneOfTheHill New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?