cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help restoring my content.

Urgent help restoring my content.

SannaSalou
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone, i am in dire need of help!!! My boss asked me to help with his mac( manage storage, reorganiwe etc) and i did a few movements that i know realise i shouldnt have. I was trying to save some space on his dropbox and i copy pasted all the docs from the mac file to the icloud file. To not have everything double i erased the files from the mac file dropbox. I then proceeded to reinstall dropbox and then we couldnt see anything else anymore. My question is : if i use dropbox rewind will i be able to undo this movement and have back everything the way they were classified? Obviously i need help or else i am putting his entire business into jeopardy since his entire clientele was on dropbox, he is a lawyer.

Thank you immensely for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SannaSalou
New member | Level 2

Hello Mark, thank you for your precious feedback, he has a business account so i think he has access to that services. He managed to restore a big part( i dont know how) but he said that he had problem restoring some files and he doesnt know why. Will come back for more help when i'll have more info and details. Thank you all kindly for your precious help. Saved my ass 😩😩😩😩

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @SannaSalou 

Oh no 😞 

Dropbox rewind should do this as long as it was already purchased when you did it. 

www.dropbox.com/events may also show the deletions and allow restoring. 

As a side note I hope he will now set up a backup system!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SannaSalou
New member | Level 2

Hello Mark, thank you for your precious feedback, he has a business account so i think he has access to that services. He managed to restore a big part( i dont know how) but he said that he had problem restoring some files and he doesnt know why. Will come back for more help when i'll have more info and details. Thank you all kindly for your precious help. Saved my ass 😩😩😩😩

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SannaSalou New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?