cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos are not playing on the Dropbox site

Videos are not playing on the Dropbox site

Leslie M.1
New member | Level 2

I have a few videos on my dropbox and now they won't play. They just show that wheel that seems to imply something is "loading," but the videos never play in the end. Is this an issue with my computer? Or Dropbox?

18 Replies 18

mrosania
New member | Level 2

I have the exact same problem -- I have tons of videos that were on my iphone and I saved them to dropbox, and they will not play. When downloaded they seem to be still images, and when in the DB app, they wheel just spins...please please help! 

these are videos from when my son was a baby!! I want to save them 😞 

courtneymurphy
New member | Level 2

i have the same problem. did you ever find a solution

wildpig
New member | Level 2

i have same issue, will only play audio..... what do you mean "have appropriate app", what is it????

wildpig
New member | Level 2

what is the approprate app??????

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey @wildpig

It really depends on the extension. Most videos are viewable on a phone, though to better determine which application opens them, you'll have to look if it's an ".mp4, .avi etc." file. 

(eg. Ella's Wedding.mp4")

To further look into that with you, could you let me know some more details on what you're experiencing when trying to view your videos on your phone? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

wildpig
New member | Level 2

thanks so much Jane, i down loaded AC3 player, that seems to fix problem

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Perfect wildpig, glad to hear you got this sorted, all should be fine from now on! :white_check_mark: :relieved:

Thanks for letting me know here, hope you have a great rest of the day ahead! :coffee: 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

NWTS
New member | Level 2

I have just tried to play some high speed video on my PC.  Its an mp4 file and has alwayd played perfectly over the last 12 months. I have not changed browser which is Google.

Now when I go to the file it says "This file cant't be previewed"  with the download button.  I dont want to download, I simply want to review the high speed video on line.

What do I need to do?

JackS1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

This question is regarding the app on my Galaxy Mega.

I've been using DB for years.

I've made close to 30 videos in both wmv or avi formats.

However, for some reason, this one video, which I've uploaded, downloaded and re-uploaded many times without issue (for editing purposes), now shows "video failed to load".

I thought that it might be a storage problem, so I erased some files to bring me back under the 2GB limit, but still no dice.

I can play them on a 3rd party media player, but I would like to have the option to play them through DB.

I've tried clearing cache.

It's not a browser issue.

I doubt that the file is corrupt because I've used the same movie maker for every other video, and for videos that I've uploaded subsequent to the one in question.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David K.24 New member | Level 1
    Deanna S. New member | Level 1
    Taylor E. New member | Level 1
    V & A D. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?