cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when I move photos out of camera uploads folder?

What happens when I move photos out of camera uploads folder?

aliciawe
New member | Level 2

Context - I organise and archive my photos into folders - year and month - outside the Camera Uploads folder.

We know camera uploads folder syncs photos from our phone.

So what happens when we start moving the photos out of the folder into our own folders?

- Does the photo gets synced back in again into the Camera Upload folder at a later time?

- Does the photo NO LONGER gets synced again - presuming there's a record that it was already synced before?

What really happens?

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @aliciawe, thanks for contacting us!

When you use the camera upload feature, there is a hidden record on our system which lets the system know that a specific photo or video has already been automatically uploaded from a specific device. 

This means that it won't upload the same image/video twice, nor will it copy it back into the camera uploads folder. The only exception is if you applied a filter to the photo when using the camera, so both the filtered copy and the original unfiltered copy would be uploaded at the same time (and it will look like 2 copies of the image).

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?