cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did all of my files disappear?

Why did all of my files disappear?

Mark H.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

A folder that is owned by me and shared with two others is now empty. What happened to all of my image files? How do I get them back?

104 Replies 104

Justin L.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I see issues similar to what I'm experiencing above.  What in the world happened to all of my files?  I was just accessing earlier today....

C'mon Dropbox - we pay for this service. 

Guilherme L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here.

ALL files vanished without trace!

Two days ago they were here, but now they simply vanished! ALL files!

Please help ASAP!

Guilherme L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The restore of files was enabled. All good now.

Tks!

Terry A.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I would like to add my two cents 

I too lost a huge amount of files. Random tho. Some various photo files so doc files. But when I say some, I mean thousands of files. I was in shock. 

Luckily I was able to restore ( trash an, click on deleted file and the restore ) 

but why did this happen ? We pay good money for Dropbox. I understand that 

things happen but I would like reassurance that the bug is being fixed as I have no intention to keep restoring files in the years ahead. 

Arnie S.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

All my files are gone. Just folders remain... Not OK!  Any word from Dropbox?? 

Kenneth A.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

All of my folders except one disappeared recently.  The same with my wife's Dropbox folders.   In my Events it said I 'left' certain folders.   It appears that I stopped being a person sharing that folder, even tho I created it.   Dropbox did it, I didn't.   In the web interface there is an option to 'Rejoin' these folders.    I rejoined and all of my folders and files now show up.   They were not deleted.

Paul M.112
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Currently puzzled: Dropbox icon disappeared from menu; now Dropbox is busy re-syncing thousands of files.  Luckily, I have up-to-date copies of all my "important" and "active" business-related files on my Mac Mini. Hopefully I won't need them. stay tuned - more details of interest if and when they occur.   - PM

Carl W.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am missing files in folder that were not shared, and I haven't deleted. Looking back to a folder I archived on DB years ago I see the folders are the but are empty. This is terrible! I have ten of thousands of files on here and sync with my PC that are work related. Periodically I go looking for something and its just gone! No idea what I am missing!

Moiz A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

At least 10gb of our files are missing in our Business Dropbox account. What's going on? 

Michelle J.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can access my files on my tablet but I am on a Mac and I cannot access a single file.  The home page is blank!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    trjr New member | Level 2
    Donald J.2 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    William R.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?