cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discover & Connect

Be inspired by other users and discover a new more enlightened way of working with Dropbox.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we use Dropbox: To move across the country during a pandemic

How we use Dropbox: To move across the country during a pandemic

Amy
Community Manager
We’re back with another example of how Dropboxers use Dropbox, and Liz Gilmore, the incredible Director of Brand Studio at Dropbox shared her story on the Experience page, and we loved it so much we thought it was worth sharing here too, so you can use some of the useful tips too. During the pandemic, Liz had to balance work, and the pressures of life when we were all isolating, and on top of that, she moved her family across the country. Check out how she uses the Dropbox doc scanner to stay organized, how she uses the mobile Dropbox app to stay in touch with work and family at the same time, and more. 

Keeping the family paperwork safe

I had to apply for my son’s daycare while being on the other side of the country so having all of my files in the right place made that less stressful. Not NOT stressful, but easier! I saved all of my family paperwork to my Dropbox account using the  Dropbox doc scanner for all my physical documents, and saved the online files there too, so they’re all in one place. 

Having everything in the cloud makes it easy to subdivide everything into different shareable folders, such as "Daycare Applications," "Medical Records," "Important Docs." Instead of sending physical documents, I could easily share the appropriate folder with the right people with a few clicks. 

Family PaperworkFamily Paperwork

Secure old and new memories

When we had to isolate, I think we all needed a little connection, so I shared photos with friends and family. To do that, I used camera uploads and syncing to back up my entire camera roll, saving everything in full resolution. It made organizing, labeling, and sorting everything online simple, and it is like having a digital scrapbook of each year. Now, all I have to do is share links via Dropbox with my parents, who love to print the photos to hang on their walls. While nothing will replace sitting together and looking at pictures in person or witnessing fun moments live, they could comment on the photos, without having to post them on social media.

Image commentsImage comments

Staying mobile 

If there’s one thing I love about working at Dropbox, it’s the flexibility to work from anywhere. To make sure I’m in the loop, I like to be able to access everything on my phone. It means I can balance both a busy work and parent schedule. I can upload the photo of my son on his first big kid swing, leave feedback work files, edit a Dropbox Paper doc or update a project timeline all through the Dropbox and Paper mobile apps.

Mobile appsMobile apps

It’s always inspiring to see how Dropbox can be part of our everyday lives, and the big results those little actions or few clicks can cause. I am a fan of a process that works seamlessly and Liz seems to have it down to a fine art - I guess that’s the designer in her! 

We love to highlight how people use Dropbox so we can hopefully inspire others to make the most of their account - and if you have some tips we would love to share those too, so leave them in the comments below! 

0 Replies 0
Need more support?