cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Api not working inside VMWare

Dropbox Api not working inside VMWare

Aravindb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,
   We use nuget to install DropBox Api using following command line in Visual Studio 2015 and developed windows application.

Install-Package Dropbox.Api 

In developer machine everting working fine, but if build and deploy in vmware,we getting like 
"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
Even debug folder got that dll.

Note: Errors throws in vmware.

Regards,
Aravind

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Are you using the same version of Visual Studio and same project in both the developer machine and virtual machine? Given that this only happens inside the virtual machine, it sounds like there's an issue with the development environment in that virtual machine, in which case we may not be able to offer much support, as that's not about the Dropbox library itself.

These may be useful though:

Aravindb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi , Thanks for reply,
   Actually what i did, i developed windows application which is file upload in dropbox using dropbox app which i give dropbox Token.In developer machine (physical system) every thing working fine, Then what i did , i debug that window application and deploy in vmware which is not working,i mean n vmware no visuual studio, just i put .exe and its config file and i run that exe. It show error message which i mention in previous post.
Even what i did , i login same  dropbox account  inside vmware and open dropbox app and i take new token.
Note: Token i passed via app config. Same exe working in all other main pc, only problem in vmware.

Regards,
Aravind

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional information! I still can't say off hand exactly what the issue may be, so I recommend starting with the posts linked in my previous comment.

Need more support?