cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File upload

File upload

MLPDev
New member | Level 2

Hi guys.
I'm creating a React app. I'm planning to save files uploaded by the user in my Dropbox. Is it possible through the API?

By the way, I tried using an access token generated from the Dropbox site, and it is working fine. However, after a couple of hours, the token expires, so I need to generate it again and update the code. Is there any solution using any of the Dropbox API?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here.

Dropbox issues short-lived access tokens, which expire after a few hours. Apps can get long-term access by requesting "offline" access though, in which case the app receives a "refresh token" that can be used to retrieve new short-lived access tokens as needed, without further manual user intervention. Refresh tokens do not expire automatically and can be used repeatedly. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's a basic outline of processing this flow in this blog post which may serve as a useful example.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?