cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an Empty JSON Notification

I'm getting an Empty JSON Notification

Cato2021
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've created an app in the Dropbox for developers app console, set the permissions and now want to get notifications on the account's operations.
(I'm using Flask and a python code that is similar to the example (using Flask etc.)
BUT I'm getting empty notification 😞
This is how it looks:
{

'delta': {},

'list_folder': {}

}

Please assist, what could be the reason?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can reconnect an existing application (in development mode or not) the same way you did originally. E.g., you can use the "Generate" button on the app's page on the App Console to connect it to your own account, or otherwise use the OAuth flow.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! It sounds like you've connected the account to the app without the "files.metadata.read" scope, which is required for receiving the relevant information in the webhook notification. (I'll also ask the team to see if we can update the implementation to skip sending empty notifications like this to avoid confusion.)

You'll need to reconnected the account(s) with the 'files.metadata.read' scope enabled in particular.

Note that just adding a scope to your app via the App Console does not retroactively grant that scope to existing connections. That being the case, to grant that scope, you'll need to reconnect the account(s) with that scope enabled

Cato2021
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for your response!
I disconnected my app and now want to reconnect but I can't find how.
Can I connect my account to an app that is still in development?
Or should I create another one?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can reconnect an existing application (in development mode or not) the same way you did originally. E.g., you can use the "Generate" button on the app's page on the App Console to connect it to your own account, or otherwise use the OAuth flow.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Cato2021 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?