cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button greyed out in developers

Submit button greyed out in developers

pankajetal
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm not able to submit after making the changes in permission, to test API, as submit seems to be greyed out.   

pankajetal_0-1681826409953.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks. Can you let me know which web browser you're using, and the version number of that web browser?

I just tried this myself and I was able to apply changes by clicking the button while it's greyed out, so we'll need to try to reproduce the particular issue you're seeing.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! To clarify, if you do try to click the greyed out "Submit" button, does the change work?

I see that there's a styling issue with how these buttons are displayed. I'll ask the team to fix that up.

In my testing the button is still working for me though, but if it's not working for you please let me know. In that case, it may be helpful if you can share a screen recording showing the issue, with the JavaScript console open to show any errors that may be occurring.

pankajetal
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Nope the changes didn't go into effect. Normally it's not greyed out when I don't select any option and I do see the button. 

pankajetal_1-1681832520510.png

But as soon as I select any permission button it gets greyed out.  

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks. Can you let me know which web browser you're using, and the version number of that web browser?

I just tried this myself and I was able to apply changes by clicking the button while it's greyed out, so we'll need to try to reproduce the particular issue you're seeing.

ozbcoz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am also getting this. I click on the Save button and then the Undo Submit box comes up. Can't click on submit - the permissions go back to blank checkboxes and when I do a test the error message says 

Error in call to API function "files/upload": Your app is not permitted to access this endpoint because it does not have the required scope 'files.content.write'. The owner of the app can enable the scope for the app using the Permissions tab on the App Console.

I had clicked on that prior to save.

In the browser developer console I see :

pkg-core-inject-css.min-vflawql8P.js:1
GET https://cfl.dropboxstatic.com/static/metaserver/static/css/developers/app-info.scss net::ERR_ABORTED 404

Jim Carey

ozbcoz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have now tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge - all updated as updates come out.

As I said in my earlier reply on this thread the Permissions are not being saved when I click on Update (shown by this error message I get when accessing the API : Error in call to API function "files/upload": Your app is not permitted to access this endpoint because it does not have the required scope 'files.content.write'. The owner of the app can enable the scope for the app using the Permissions tab on the App Console.
400 - and the fact that the checkboxes on permissions go clear again)

At the moment I am simply not able to use the API

Jim

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@ozbcoz Would you be able to share a short recording showing the issue you're seeing? I just tried this myself with the latest version of Firefox, and while the display of the buttons is currently broken making them hard to see, clicking the buttons does still work for me. Thanks in advance!

ozbcoz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

tried to - I have an mp4 made showing (I hope) what you want but can't see how to upload it or attach it to this reply

Jim

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@ozbcoz Thanks! You can use a Dropbox shared link to share the video file. (By the way, feel free to open an API ticket here with it instead if you'd prefer to share privately for whatever reason.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ozbcoz Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?