cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select video files in Dropbox Chooser integration on Contentful

Unable to select video files in Dropbox Chooser integration on Contentful

Mm4991
Explorer | Level 3
I'm trying to select videos as part of a new content entry in Contentful. I'm able to select photos, but not video. Can you help me in figuring out the reason for this, please?
6 Replies 6

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Mm4991,

Hm... 🤔 Did you set some file type/extension limitation and forget some of them by any chance? 🧐😉

Good luck.

Mm4991
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. No, I haven't set any file type/ extension. I've been unable to find a Settings section for Dropbox Chooser within contentful where you could even set the file extension types to limit it to

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Mm4991 wrote:

... I've been unable to find a Settings section for Dropbox Chooser ...

Ah...🤔 As seems, we are talking for different things. Dropbox Chooser doesn't have any settings! If you want, you can add such setting in your app interface, but it's your responsibility. You can denote if and what type of file to be limited to by using "extensions" in the options when triggering the chooser. If nothing set, you should be able select any file. How exactly are you triggering the chooser in your case? 🧐

Mm4991
Explorer | Level 3
That's where the problem lies - Contentful is triggering DropBox, not my application. On Contentful, I've installed the Dropbox application and selected the content models I want to be able to use Dropbox to select files for. In the content model, I have two fields - one for video and the other for image. When I try to create a content entry, for image, the DropBox model pops up with the files from my Dropbox account. With both fields, the modal is only the images and videos are greyed out. With the images, Contentful returns the data retrieve from Dropbox in a JSON format, for my application to process/display

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

In such a case you can only ask your supplier what can be done with the piece of code you're using. Otherwise you may try to use the Dropbox chooser directly, so you'll have full control. That's it.

Good luck.

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @Mm4991, It seems like you’re experiencing an issue with a third-party application. Please reach out to the support organization for that app for assistance.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that they have specified only images for their Dropbox Chooser integration. If an adjustment is required for the Dropbox Chooser integration, this action will need to be undertaken by the developers of the third-party application.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iNeil Dropbox Engineer
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Mm4991 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?