cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why account type is always 'basic' even though I have Dropbox business account ?

Why account type is always 'basic' even though I have Dropbox business account ?

athithan
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Team,

I am currently developing a complex server-side application that necessitates the use of heavy background jobs. For this purpose, I have set up a Dropbox Business (trial) account. This account is specifically for development purposes and includes several team members.

To implement certain functionalities, I've been utilizing the `https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/users/get_current_account` API endpoint. During this process, I've ensured to set the `Dropbox-API-Select-Admin` header in my API requests to fetch user details accurately.

However, I've encountered an unexpected issue regarding the account type. Despite having a Dropbox Business account, the API response for the account type is returned as `"basic"` &  in root info .tag user This is perplexing, especially considering the account is used for business purposes with multiple team members. The API response I'm receiving is as follows:

```json
"account_type": {
  ".tag": "basic"
},

"root_info": {
  ".tag": "user",

}
```

This is contrary to my expectations and previous experiences. In the past, I had another development business account where the account type was correctly identified as `"business"` in the API response:

```json

"account_type": {
  ".tag": "business"
},

"root_info": {
  ".tag": "team",

}

```

I'm concerned about this discrepancy, as it is crucial for my application to recognize and utilize the features of a Dropbox Business account. I used this same email to create the Dropbox business account, so I'm unsure why there's a difference in the account type recognition.

Could you please help me understand why this issue is occurring and how to resolve it? Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it is critical for the smooth functioning of my server-side application.

 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Please open an API ticket so you can privately share the full response you're getting from that endpoint. We'll be happy to then use that to check on that for you specifically.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?